Allison Martinez Wheeler
Allison Martinez Wheeler devotes her legal practice to family law. She deals exclusively in the areas of divorce, military divorce, custody, child support, paternity and guardianships. Allison also assists clients with their estate planning needs whether it is drafting a basic will or creating a complex trust instrument.
The child of an Army veteran, Allison learned firsthand the nuances of military life. She was born in Germany and moved 11 times before her family settled into Elizabethtown, Kentucky. Her experiences coupled with her empathy for military families keep her grounded while working with service members and spouses in military divorce cases.
Prior to joining the Roman-Lagunas team in 2014, Allison worked with a family law firm in Fishers. She received training early in her career as a volunteer with the Guardian ad Litem Program of Hamilton County. This experience fueled Allison’s passion to work with broken families. She has learned that every issue in family law is a sensitive one, and dealing with the legal process is not only overwhelming, but emotional tolling for all.
- Indiana, 2010
- Northern District of Indiana, 2010
- Southern District of Indiana, 2010
- Valparaiso University School of Law, J.D., 2010
- University of Kentucky, B.A., Political Science, 2005
- American Bar Association
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Hamilton County Bar Association
Volunteerism and Civic Organizations
- Homeless Aid Project, Indianapolis Bar Association
- Hamilton County Guardian Ad Litem (GAL) Program
- Soldier’s Angels Foundation
- Soles for Soldiers
- Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors (TAPS)
- Veterans Law Society
Indianapolis Bar Association Hall of Fame 2013, 2014
- Continuing Legal Education, NBI: Solo & Small Firms, 2013
- IU Kelley School of Business, Basics of Estate Law, Guest Lecturer, 2012
- Naturalization Ceremony for the Southern District of Indiana, Guest Speaker, 2012