Hire An Experienced And Qualified DUI Attorney
We have defended hundreds of people charged with drunk driving offenses. These charges are commonly referred to as DUI (Driving Under the Influence) or OWI (Operating While Intoxicated). They have serious penalties and consequences and can cause issues for you, your loved ones, and your career.
If you or someone you care about has been charged with an OWI or DUI, it is important to hire a lawyer with experience, energy, and the resources to provide you with a comprehensive and strong defense.
Why should you hire Roman Lagunas?
- We provide each of our clients a thorough explication of the law and how it applies to each particular case.
- We craft our defense based on the facts of a case, the law, our client’s goals, and our years of experience.
- We stay up-to-date on drunk driving laws and how they are interpreted. This is important as this area of law evolves quickly and is can be very technical.
- We spend time researching and understanding the technical aspects of this area of law. This includes staying abreast of the science of field sobriety testing, police operating procedures, the National Highway Traffic and Safety Administration handbooks, and general treatment in multiple jurisdictions.
- We maintain relationships with private drug and alcohol counselors in order to refer clients when it could benefit our negotiations with the State.
- We work to get our clients their driving privileges restored as soon as possible, including filing Petitions for Hardship or Specialized Driving Privileges.
DUI/Drunk Driving Convictions and Penalties
Below is some basic information about the drunk driving laws in Indiana. This is just a brief overview and is not meant to constitute legal advice. For that, please call and we will be happy to discuss your case.
|OWI / DUI Class C Misdemeanor||0-60 Days In Jail
|OWI / DUI Cass A Misdemeanor||0 – 365 Days In Jail
$0.00 – $1,000.00 Fine
|OWI / DUI a Level 6 Felony||6 Months To 2 And ½ Years Incarceration
$0.00 – $10,000.00 Fines
License Suspension For Up To 2 Years
Probation and Possible Mandatory Minimum Imprisonment
DUI/OWI convictions can also lead to the following:
- Employment Issues
- Professional Licensing Issues
- Loss of Insurance or Increased Insurance Premiums
- Criminal Record Issues
Why Roman Lagunas Is The Right Firm for You
The laws surrounding what police officers can and cannot do in the course of a traffic stop are complex. We will help analyze the facts in your situation and ask questions to answer things such as:
- Did the officer have a reason to stop your vehicle?
- Where the field sobriety tests properly administered?
- Was the evidence against you lawfully obtained?
- Were you on any medications or afflicted with any medical issues that would impact any of any field sobriety or BAC tests?
- Was the officer properly qualified to administer the tests?
- Was the equipment properly calibrated
Understanding the charges against you and immediately starting to prepare your defense is critical. Our attorneys are available 24-7 to help you.